Steve has been working closely with Alpha Seven Energy in areas regarding corporate structuring, advice on federal and state securities laws, and raising funds through public placements. Steve prepares all of our Investor Partners’ documentation prior to investing into each oil & gas project. A PPM (Private Placement Memorandum) is provided to all qualified investors and a Subscription Agreement is executed before funds are invested into a specific project.
Undergraduate Institution: Oberlin College
Degree Earned: BA, Economics major, History minor
Year of Graduation:1979
Honors: Captain of football team and President of rugby club
Law School: Southern Methodist University School of Law
Degree earned: JD
Year of Graduation: 1982
Year of Texas State Bar Admittance: 1983
Other State Bar Admittance: Former member of Oklahoma Bar Association, 1982-1986
- Represented oil and gas companies raising money through private placements conducted under Regulation D. Advised clients on structure of offerings and prepared offering materials including private placement memorandum
- Represented public companies and prepared 1933 Act filings for initial public offerings and 1934 Act filings to satisfy periodic reporting requirements.
Oil & Gas
- Participated in negotiations to acquire or sell oil and gas properties and prepared all documentation including asset purchase agreements, deeds of trust and promissory notes.
- Assisted in conducting due diligence examinations of buyers, sellers and assets.
- Assisted in the preparation of various oil and gas industry agreements.
- Worked with litigation counsel to give advice to oil and gas clients.